This article gives you a step-by-step instructions on how to make “My Computer” Icon Visible on Windows 8 Desktop.
In Windows XP, Windows Vista And on Windows 7, we will see at least the Recycle Bin icon in the desktop after a fresh install. Also it was easy to add My Computer icon on the desktop. Normally We use “Start –> My Computer -> Show on Desktop” method to bring the 'My Computer' icon on to the desktop. But in Windows 8 it is different as by default My Computer Icon will not be available on the Desktop nor you cant simply right click on it and make it available on the Desktop. But, here is how to show My Computer in Desktop in Windows 8
Step-By-Step Instructions To Display My Computer Icon On Windows 8 Desktop:
- Click on the Windows 8 Desktop tile in Metro User Interface. (This brings the normal old desktop.)
- Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Personalize. (Now you will see the personalization screen.
- In personalization screen click on 'Change desktop icons'.( Here you can select the icons you want to display in Windows 8 desktop.)
- So you can select 'My Computer' icon by ticking the check box next to it.
- Other icons like Control Panel and Network icons can also be displayed by using his method.
- Now click on 'Apply'. Now you should be able to see the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop
Windows 8 has lots of new features and still many news features are getting added to it. Still, its difficult to tweak common settings like what we have seen now. Stay Tuned For More Updates. If you are interested, like and share our Facebook Page.