Microsoft PowerPoint is a commercial presentation program developed by Microsoft. It is part of the Microsoft Office suite, and runs on Microsoft Windows and Apple's Mac OS X operating system.
The following article will explain you how to create a PowerPoint template.
Open a blank presentation, and then on the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click Slide Master.
On the Slide Master tab, in the Edit Master group, click Insert Slide Master.
In the slide thumbnail pane, the slide master represents the larger slide image, and the associated layouts are positioned beneath it. Many presentations contain more than one slide master, so you may have to scroll to find the one that you want.
To begin customizing the slide master, do one or more of the following:
- To remove any of the built-in slide layouts that accompany the default slide master, in the slide thumbnail pane, right-click each slide layout that you don't want to use, and then click Delete Layout.
- To remove an unwanted, default placeholder, in the slide thumbnail pane, click the slide layout that contains the placeholder, click the border of the placeholder in the presentation window, and then press DELETE.
- To add a text placeholder, in the slide thumbnail pane, click the slide layout that you want to contain the placeholder, and then do the following:
On the Slide Master tab, in the Master Layout group, click Insert Placeholder, and then click Text.
Click a location on the slide master, and then drag to draw the placeholder. (Tip: To resize a placeholder, drag the corner of one of its borders.)
Type descriptive text that prompts the users of your template to enter specific information.
- To add other types of placeholders that contain content such as pictures, clip art, SmartArt graphics, charts, movies, sounds, and tables, on the Slide Master tab, in the Master Layout group, click the type of placeholder that you want to add.
- To apply a theme (to include color, formatting, effects, in a layout) to your presentation, on the Slide Master tab, in the Edit Theme group, click Themes, and then click a theme.
- To change the background, on the Slide Master tab, in the Background group, click Background Styles, and then click a background.
- To set the page orientation for all of the slides in your presentation, on the Slide Master tab, in the Page Setup group, click Slide Orientation, and then click either Portrait or Landscape.
- To add text to appear in the footer at the bottom of all of the slides in your presentation, do the following:
On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Header & Footer.
In the Header and Footer dialog box, on the Slide tab, select the Footer check box, and then type the text that you want to appear at the bottom of your slides.
To display the footer content on all slides, click Apply to All.
For more information about using headers and footers, see Add a header or footer and Change or delete header and footer information in a presentation.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.
In the File name box, type a file name, or do nothing to accept the suggested file name.
In the Save as type list, click PowerPoint Template, and then click Save.
Save your templates to the Templates folder at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\ to make them easier to locate.
We hope you enjoy this helpful post. Please leave your ideas in our comments section.