Box (earlier Box.net) offering 50GB free online storage to android users. However, this is limited period offer, and box users may upgrade their free online storage by simply logging in to box.com by using their Android app.
I believe they are offering because of Google. Google is likely to launch its own online storage called “Google Drive” or “My Drive”. Let’s see when and how much Google offers. But I am sure that Google will also offer at-least 50GB online storage, and this space will be shared to all Google services like Google Docs, Picasa web and Gmail. We may say that other companies, like Dropbox, may also increase their quota for free online storage to retain market share.
The only negative point of Box is non-availability of Sync Software for PC users like Dropbox offers.
Benefits of Box.Net Cloud Storage (Online Storage):
- Of course, 10 times more storage
- Box.com is most famous online storage service provider. The server uptime is really good and they claims for 99.9% uptime.
- Their are hundreds of apps to share files easily.
- No need to create separate account to get 50 GB free online storage from Box.com, Just sign-in or sign-up from any Android phone.
- The file upload limit will be raised from 25MB to 100MB.
How to get 50GB Box storage :
The only thing you will need to sign in from an android based device. You may install the Box app from Android market and sign up (if you don’t have any account) or login to your existing account.
Just after logging in to you Box account you will get a confirmation message about the free lifetime 50GB online storage.
Its all done. You have nothing to anything more. Enjoy 50GB free online storage from Box.
A tip to get unlimited online storage (50GB*n):
If you need or want more storage, you may sign-up unlimited numbers of accounts from a single android phone. Apple users may also login from any Android phone to upgrade their account.
Downside: This offer is only available to free users.